How Many Scoops of Mass Gainer Should I Take?
If you want to gain muscle and strength, then the first thing you must do is increase your daily caloric intake. This will provide your body with the protein, fat, and carbs necessary to build muscle tissue.
Once you’ve been sticking to a nutritional plan and increasing your caloric intake over time, but it’s hard to keep up with the food prep from day to day, you might want to consider using a mass gainer supplement.
Basically, mass gainers offer a cost-effective, convenient way to increase your consumption of fats, carbs, and protein when you’re seriously trying to bulk up. So, you may be wondering how many scoops of mass gainer you should take. Here are a few things you need to know about mass gainers in general.
They Are Not for Everyone
You must keep in mind that mass gainers are not for everyone. They are made, packaged, and sold the same way other supplements are, but the truth is, they’re just a convenient way of adding calories to your diet.
So, before you decide whether or not weight gainer is what you need, it’s necessary to be honest with yourself and make sure that you’re not missing anything in your diet. Can you really say that it’s impossible to fit another meal into your diet, increase your portions, or choose snacks that are full of calories? If you can truthfully say yes, then maybe a mass gainer is the right choice. If you can make some changes in your diet, you should try that first.
After all, you must be consuming more calories than you burn if you want to increase your size, whether you do it with a mass gainer or by increasing your intake of whole foods. If you find that you need to meet high calorie requirements and you can’t see the scale moving at all, just add 2 to 3 servings of a weight gainer shake each day to exceed your nutritional requirements. So how many scoops of mass gainer should I take ? On average, a shake should have 2 scoops of powder, though you can increase or decrease this according to your preferences.
- Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D Provide Immune Support along with Vitamin E
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted Quality!
- High Calorie Weight Gainer: 1,250 Calories per 2-Scoop Serving
- 50 Grams of Protein per Serving for fueling Intense Workouts
- Over 250 Grams of Carbohydrates per Serving
- 10.7 grams of BCAAs as building blocks, including 5.1g Leucine, as building blocks to help activate Muscle Protein Synthesis
- 1310 calories and 245g carbs per serving to help even the hardest gainers pack on mass
- 52 grams of protein per serving (a blend of fast, medium, and slow digesting proteins) for muscle support
- 17 vitamins and minerals to support balanced nutrition, healthy muscle tissue and muscle recovery
- ONLY FIVE INGREDIENTS: Naked Whey, Naked Casein, Organic Maltodextrin (made from gluten free organic tapioca), Organic Coconut Sugar, and Organic Raw Cacao. Naked Mass contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO Free, Growth Hormone Free, Soy Free and Gluten Free.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 50g of Protein, 251g of Carbs, 1,360 Calories, 11.6g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- MULTI-PHASE CLEAN PROTEIN: All natural whey and casein provides your body with healthy amino acids to keep protein synthesis up throughout the day.
- PREMIUM COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES: Unlike other weight gainers that use wheat-based maltodextrins, Naked Mass uses gluten free organic tapioca maltodextrin for clean source complex carbohydrates.
- PROTEIN SHAKES AND RECIPES: Our natural chocolate mass gainer protein is versatile in making protein shakes, smoothies and recipes. Boost calories and nutrition by adding Naked Mass to protein bars, cookies and other recipes.
Know What You’re Getting
The very first thing you need to consider when getting a mass gainer is what you are getting. You want to check the label and find out how many calories there are in a full serving and how those calories are distributed among protein, carbs, and fat. You need a mass gainer that has 40 to 50 grams of protein per serving.
In addition, fats are critical when you want to gain mass, especially when you consider the fact that there are 9 calories within 1 gram of fat. The amount of fat varies from one product to another and it’s critical that you choose one that best fits your needs. You also want to think about when you will be using your mass gainer.
Most mass gainers are high in carb content. Conservative mass gainers have a 1 to 1 ratio of protein to carbs, but some go beyond that to as much as 1:5. Therefore, if you have a mass gainer with a protein content of 50 grams, you could have up to 250 grams of carbs. So, depending on how sensitive you are to sugars and when you plan to consume your shakes, it’s necessary to choose products that contain the type of carbs that will work with and not against you.
Choose the Right Mass Gainer
The truth is, as long as they provide you with what you need to meet your nutritional needs, any mass gainer will do. However, there are some products that will be better than others, depending on your body type, your dietary goals/needs, and how you plan to include it in your overall diet.
How Many Scoops of Mass Gainer ? It is about Timing !
Typically, the best place to start is to use a mass gainer as a high calorie snack after you work out. During this window, you want something that your body can quickly digest, with a low fat content, and a source of simple carbs. Try to find a mass gainer that contains maltodextrin, dextrose, or a combination of the two, as both of these significantly increase your blood sugar levels, which means your body will release insulin.
Most of the time, mass gainers have been created for the general public and may not necessarily meet your specific dietary needs. The easy thing to do would be to give up, but the truth is, you can actually create your own personalized mass gainer to meet your personal dietary needs.
A mass gainer will help you to increase your size, as long as you are getting more calories than you’re burning. If you really can’t prepare and eat any more meals, it might be a great option. Most people start with 2 scoops of powder in water or milk. You can increase or decrease that amount, depending on your personal preferences.