Best Lean Mass Gainer of 2020: Complete Reviews with Comparison
Despite the fact that weight loss is an objective for many people across the globe, there are others who actually want to put on weight. These individuals want to do this primarily to look and feel solid when it comes to muscle mass. This, in turn, will improve their overall physical performance, as well.
The most fundamental principle of putting on weight is expanding a larger number of calories than you consume. For individuals who struggle to eat enough to put on weight, mass gainer supplements are a viable option to build your calorie consumption. Not at all like average protein supplements, mass gainers are protein-rich, as well as carb-heavy. In some cases, they are chock full of other nutrients, like amino acids.
There are a lot of great options on the market, but which one should you invest in? We have compiled a list of the best lean mass gainers that will help you sift through the plethora of choices. So, let's jump right into it.
Best Lean Mass Gainer Reviews
1. Body Fortress Super Advanced Mass Gainer
The first mass gainer we are going to take a look at is a whey protein powder from Body Fortress. This is by far one of the most popular options on the market. When you look at all the details, you will soon see why.
This supplement has everything it needs to be an ultimate muscle builder. It is chock full of key nutrients and the following amazing ingredients:
- Formulated with a high level of carbs
- Contains a concentrated high level of BCAAs
- No aspartame
- No gluten
- Easy-to-use, flavorful formula
The high carb content is by far the stand out feature of this gainer. While attempting to bulk up, the vast majority of people will need a huge amount of carbs to fuel their muscles. Be that as it may, you will only be able to achieve your goal if you're getting enough protein and calories.
Though it may not have as much protein (we will discuss that in a minute) as other options, it certainly has the calories. Plus, unlike many of the other supplements available, it tastes rather good, which will make it easier to swallow.
The protein content per serving is only 20g, which is quite low compared to other formulas. Since that is the case, if you choose this product, we'd encourage you to devour more protein from your meals to support it. This will help your body in fixing and building muscle. Other than that small drawback, there have been a few reports of stomach cramps when consuming this product.
Having said that, this is not a universal issue. When you look at what you get, it is very clear why we feel this is one of the best choices available today.
- Ultimate Muscle Mass Builder
- Key nutrients to build size, strength, & lean mass
- Carbs to replenish muscles & boost post-workout recovery
2. MRM All Natural Gainer
Our next entry comes from MRM and is a naturally-inspired powder. It is formulated for those that need an extra boost in muscle gain. It is also an excellent product for those who want an eco-conscious option. Though it doesn’t come in a lot of flavors, it does come with a lot of results.
This formula comes stocked with many great hormone and antibiotic-free ingredients. In order to fend off reports of difficult digestion, the team has worked to improve the formula. This formula now includes:
- Probiotics & enzymes
- No gluten, MSG, aspartame, or artificial flavors
- Crafted with complete protein
- Includes essential amino acids
The scientists at MRM have worked to create a formula that is not rough on your stomach. This formula is also effective for muscle mass building. In order to do this, they started by addressing a common occurrence with other formulas that had reports of stomach issues.
To combat that, they formulated this product using five different enzymes and probiotics that optimize the absorption and digestion once taken. That, plus the inclusion of essential amino acids like BCAAs that help with cell repair, makes this product is a great choice.
This formula is amazing, but it does have a few drawbacks that we should discuss. The price is a bit steep for the amount you get in comparison to other similar products. Other than that, though, it does use complete proteins and has about 25g available per serving. This is still low in comparison to other options on our list.
If, however, you are looking for a great all-natural alternative, then this formula from MRM is the right one for you and your muscle-building needs.
- 7 STRAINS OF PROBIOTICS: Which can improve the biochemistry of the digestive tract for better immune health, and digestive health so you can get the most benefit from the foods you eat.
- WITH ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS: These protein sources contain essential amino acids, especially Branched Chain Amino Acid (BCAAs), which are proven to support lean muscle growth.
- 27 GRAMS OF COMPLETE PROTEIN: MRM emphasizes the amount of protein per serving since it is the most prominent macronutrient proven to increase lean muscle mass and maintain a healthy weight.
- INSPIRED BY NATURE, SUPPORTED BY SCIENCE: Our goal is to provide consumers with products sourced with the highest quality ingredients, verified by third party evaluation. We are committed to Non-GMO, organic, gluten-free and vegan certifications.
- OUR MISSION: Our staff of highly trained professionals is committed and passionate about the development of innovative nutritional supplements that reflect sound, clinical experimental data collection, interpretation and application.
3. MuscleTech Mass Tech Mass Gainer
Another whey protein powder is what we will look at next. The company that brings us this option, MuscleTech, has packed this formula with so much protein that building size and strength will be no problem.
In order to give you such an optimal product, the scientists and engineers at MuscleTech focused on those important factors needed for muscle building. This product includes the following ingredients:
- 80g protein
- 156g carbs
- 10g creatine
- 17g BCAAs
To build up mass, size, and strength, this formula may just be the best choice that you can make. It is packed with micronutrients and other muscle-building necessities. As an ideal mix for athletes, it is the best mass gainer supplement that you can count on for more gain in a shorter amount of time. It also helps decrease the breakdown of muscle proteins. Plus, when you look at the price tag, you quickly see that this product is quite the steal.
This formula, although protein-packed and very effective, does come with a few things that you need to consider when making your decision. The formula is a bit hard on your stomach, probably due to the intense level of proteins. Plus, it doesn’t mix well and that can lead to difficulty getting it down.
Though there are a few other drawbacks, these are the two most significant. However, they don’t take away from the amazing results that people have gotten by using this mass gainer.
- MORE PROTEIN, BETTER CALORIES & BIGGER RESULTS Delivers 80 gram Protein, 156 gram Carbs, and 10 gram Creatine (with 2 Cups Skim Milk) you need to bulk up, pack on muscle, and jack up your strength
- SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED TO RAPIDLY ADD MASS: On average, subjects gained 6.8 pounds of mass, while control subjects gained 1.3 pounds
- SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED TO INCREASE CHEST & ARM SIZE: Subjects gained 1.2 inches on their chest and 0.5 inches on their arms vs. the control group, which only added 0.5 inches and 0.2 inches
- BUILD STRENGTH FASTER : Unlike other leading gainers that contain little to no creatine, MassTech delivers a 10 gram clinically validated dose to increase strength fast
- PROVIDES CRITICAL AMINO ACIDS FOR MUSCLE GROWTH : Crucial in helping the body support muscle recovery from hardcore training as well as promote muscle growth
4. Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Gainer
When you are looking for a protein powder to not only bulk you up but help get your vitamins in, too, look no further. This formula from Optimum Nutrition could be a good option for you. Designed with a wide range of added minerals and vitamins, you are sure to achieve spectacular results.
Like with all supplements, the truth of its effectiveness is found by looking at what goes into it. With this formula, the scientists and engineers at Optimum Nutrition have done an amazing job. They have chosen to amp up their formula with the following ingredients:
- Contains 1250 calories per serving
- 50g of protein per serving
- Formulated with 25 minerals and vitamins
- Able to blend with foods
- 252g carbs per serving
- Contains creatine and glutamine
If you are going to be drinking something on a regular basis, you definitely want it to taste good. Though you can’t choose a mass gainer based on flavor alone, it's certainly is one of the best things about this option. That, along with the nutrient and vitamin-packed formula, can help minimize your supplement routine by leaps and bounds.
It is perfect for skinny guys and gals that want to bulk up. Its high-calorie count will help them get the right amount in. Plus, the price isn’t bad either.
Though the vitamin content of this may be a blessing for some, it may be a curse for others. You can have too many vitamins. For those that take other supplements or just naturally get enough of the required amount of vitamins, the inclusion of this product can cause problems.
Upset stomachs or even bowel problems could arise. The other thing is that, if you are a diabetic or have high blood pressure, this is not the mass gainer for you. The formula is higher than most in sugar, and many have had issues with it raising their blood pressure.
If you do not suffer from those concerns, then you will find that all the amazing ingredients in this formula combine to give you one of the best mass gainers on the market today. Read full review here.
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted Quality!
- High Calorie Weight Gainer: 1,250 Calories per 2-Scoop Serving
- 50 Grams of Protein per Serving
- Over 250 Grams of Carbohydrates per Serving
- 25 Vitamins & Minerals Plus Creatine & Glutamine
5. Advance Nutratech Lean Mass Gainer
Our last entry comes from a relative newcomer, but that doesn’t make it any less of a high-performance mass gainer. The team at Advanced Nutratech has carefully considered everything they put into this formula, and it shows in the quality and results.
The attention to detail used when crafting this amazing formula is evident by the care they took to lay out the ingredients. The use of high-quality, all-natural ingredients makes this easily one of the best mass gainers. These ingredients include:
- 25g protein per serving
- 400 calories per serving
- 60g carbs per servings
- Amino profile that includes creatine, glutamine, and taurine
When you dive into the makeup of this mass gainer, you will see why we had to include it. Crafted with absolutely no ingredients that don't belong, like fillers and additives, it is an effective mass gainer, especially if you are not trying to bulk up a large amount. It is designed for small settings and, on top of that, contains no sugar. This makes it perfect for diabetics. As an added bonus, the product is Halal certified.
This is a low protein supplement, and so some may feel that it is a waste of time. Truth be told, though, the biggest drawback is the lack of any information about it online. We had to thoroughly search for the facts. When we found them, we knew it was a must-have on our list. Some may find this difficulty to obtain information a little disconcerting. Other than that, it does ship from India, so you may have a longer wait time than other options on our list.
Even with these few issues, when you are looking for a medium-level mass gainer, this product from Advanced Nutratech is a great option. It is perfect for the individual that has to watch their sugar and wants a product that is all-natural. This is easily one of the best products available today.
Though there are many options out there for you to choose from, these are definitely some of the finest. By taking into consideration the basic requirements needed to deliver optimal results, there was never any question that these were the five that shone the brightest.
If you are experiencing difficulty putting on weight, you are probably not taking in enough calories. Mass gainer supplements are not necessary for everyone. However, there are a few people that think of them as a helpful tool to have when attempting to bulk up while living their hectic and busy life.
While choosing a mass gainer, you may need to think about a couple of different things, including the value per serving, the inclusion of key ingredients like creatine, and the available flavors. While the products in this article are probably the most well-known ones, there are many different mass gainers accessible to you.
The popularity of these items is justified when you look at the results. That is why, when we built this list of the best lean mass gainers, we knew these five had to be on it.